Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm glad the day's over but here is a project for it.







I didn't have any shirts for valentines for the girl.  I did have two brown shirts that were exactly the same, a heart shirt with lots of stains, and pink felt that matched; sans stains.  I can't say I came up with the concept myself because that would be unlike me. I saw someone attach really cute valentine socks to a little dress to make sleeves, and one giant felt heart . I didn't have cute new v-day socks but She did have a heart-y shirt. I hacked up the heart one and made two rectangles, then sewed those rectangles to sleeves using the bottom hem of the shirt at the end of the sleeve, convenient, then attached them to the brown one.  I cut out the felt and didn't like it plain so added more of the heart t-shirt under it. Liked it much better. I ironed on some fusing to the back just in case then sewed the hearts on. I like it, and it looked so cute on her. I also like it didn't cost me anything extra and total it was only $3.25 to begin with, months ago.


1 comment:

JESS ♥ said...

I really need to learn how to sew.
It's no longer for grandma's, lol.
Great job!