Thursday, September 2, 2010

Be our guest!










I've been working on our guest room. A lot over the last few months. I showed you the dresser and that was just the beginning of it all. Here are a few little things. The square art work I saw on remodelaholic.  Super simple, cut one to two inch squares of scrapbook paper and mod podge (on wood or cardboard or like me poster board) from the outside in. I put ribbon around the edge for a more finished look and it hides uneven placement. Then I took left over paper and a couple of rub-ons to make the sign. The heart is from a simply handmade idea for valentines. I just altered it. I also made the shelf with a couple pieces of scrap wood. It is hideous so I stapled fabric on to it. I don't love it but eh, I made it. Then I decorated an inexpensive unfinished wood tray (hobby lobby) with more leftover paper from the squares, originally it was for a catch all on the dresser but it fits so nicely in the bathroom with the candle; which is wrapped in paper and stapled on.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HBx3x9JPG

No comments: